Call for papers – New Research in Dress History
Are you a researcher of historic dresses, textiles and accessories? The Association of Dress Historians and the Röhsska museum are now searching for abstracts for the annual New Research in Dress History Conference. The conference will be held at the Röhsska Museum 19-20 August 2020.
For this conference, we welcome proposals to present research on any aspect of the history of dress, textiles, and accessories of all cultures and regions of the world, from before classical antiquity to the present day.
To submit a proposal to speak at the conference, simply email the following information to ADHCFP@gmail.com as a .doc or .docx attachment (not a .pdf) by the deadline of Sunday, 1 November 2019:
• Email address
• Descriptive paper title (max 200 word)
• Abstract (without footnotes, max 120 word)
• Biography (written in essay format)
• Specify which presentation length you prefer (10 minutes or 20 minutes).
• One jpg image (with reference) that represents your paper. If selected, this submission information will appear in the published conference programme
Potential conference speakers are not required to hold an ADH membership at the time of proposal submission; however, all conference speakers must hold a current ADH membership at the time of the conference. ADH memberships are only £10 per year per individual and help support our charity.
Top photo, Röhsska Museum. RKM 200-1965.